Sometimes a Deal will become corrupted because the account it was attached to has been reassigned to another salesperson with different access. This will cause the Deal to be impossible to edit and save. When this happens, the only thing to do is to delete the corrupted deal out. If pending is needed on the actual account, create a brand new deal under the actual salesperson the account is assigned to.
In order to delete the Deal, you should go to the Deals List.
1. Click on the Lists menu -> Deals
2. At the bottom of the screen, you will see a box with the number "25" in it...click on it and change it to 100
This will allow you to see a maximum of 100 Deals on the screen that are currently open.
3. Go back to the top of the list and click on the Account column header
This will put the Deals in alphabetical order by Account Name.
4. Scroll down through the list until you find the name of the Account that has the corrupted Deal on it
You may have to move forward to another page if you have more than 100 "open" deals by using the forward arrow button or if you have a large number of Deals, you can guess what "page number" the account might be on, enter it in the page number box and hit enter. Keep doing this until you find the account.
5. When you find the Account, "mouse-over" it and the "gear" icon will appear on the right hand side...click on the "gear" -> Select Delete
6. Click Delete again to confirm that you would like to delete the Deal
**If you need Pending on the Account, create a brand new Deal and enter in the pending dollar amounts that are needed.