Ensuring your AE’s have an accurate account list will be an invaluable step as you target them towards their revenue goals, and Matrix offers the visibility and tools to maintain your team’s individual lists.
MAINTAINING HEALTHY ACCOUNT LISTS
A seller’s account list should consist of actionable clients that they’re able to plan for, and sell to.
The Account List
- Use the MATRIX PENCIL to filter on Salesperson, as well as account Type to easily see what an AE’s list consists of.
Sort by the Last Billed column to see when a billing account last booked, or when a non-billed account was initially created.
Reassigning Accounts from the Account List
- Managers can reassign accounts as needed, so when they change hands, or if there’s turnover, AEs no longer have to start fresh with existing accounts.
- Reassign accounts to a Universal Seller (*Open, *Inactive) if it doesn’t belong on an AE’s list.
The Salesperson Preview provides managers with a “sandbox” to preview what revenue implications a reassignment will have prior to making that change.
Localized Account Maintenance
Select managers can use this function to Group, Merge, or Rename billed accounts.
IMPORTANT: BEGIN CLEANING UP THE INITIAL ACCOUNT LISTS BEFORE WE INTRODUCE YOUR AES TO MATRIX
WORKING WITH NEW ACCOUNTS
How you control the influx of new account into Matrix will depend on your existing practices, and how you’ve chosen to address new account entry.
Entering New Accounts
- Prospects - If new accounts are entered as Prospects, AEs can start forecasting business that they are working on with that accounts without manager approval. This will generally require more maintenance to regularly clean prospects that have not been converted (Use the Account List, filter on Type > Prospect, and sort by Last Billed).
- Leads – If your organization is utilizing Leads to manage new account additions an AE must first have an ADDRESS, a CONTACT, and a scheduled ACTIVITY on file in Matrix before they are able to request manager approval to turn the Lead into a Prospect.
NOTE: Managers can approve leads from the Street Level Dashboard, or turn on Email Approval from My Profile > Preferences.
Importing Accounts & Exporting Lists
- Utilizing the ACCOUNT LIST functions allow you to import lists of non-billed accounts into Matrix if they are available in a spreadsheet format, or update billed accounts with additional information.
- Fields that can be imported include: Account Name, Salesperson, Address, City, State, Zip, Phone, Fax, and Website.