Sometimes you just want to work in Microsoft Excel. Perhaps you like to add columns for calculations and other custom data that you use to help build a Budget template. Perhaps you just want to update your Budgets without anybody seeing them until they are completed.
Downloading the Budget Template for Offline Editing
- Navigate to the Lists Menu and choose Budgets.
- Hover over the Budget Template and click on the Gear icon on the far right.
- Select Save for Offline Editing. A download will begin.
Open the downloaded Microsoft Excel file and fill out the dollar amounts as you see fit.
NOTE: You are unable to delete, reorder, or rename existing columns.- However, you can add new rows to the bottom of the file as long as you use exact spellings that are already within Matrix for all fields except for Account.
- You can also add your own columns to the end of the file for any custom calculations that you may want to perform.
- The file will overwrite dollar amounts already within Matrix, but keep in mind that blank fields will be ignored on import and $0 fields will import as $0.
Uploading the Budget Template back into Matrix
- Navigate to the Lists Menu and choose Budgets
- Hover over the appropriate Budget template and click on the Gear icon on the far right. NOTE: You will only be able to upload to the same template that you downloaded from.
- Select Import and then locate your file via the browsing dialog.
- A confirmation message will display in green in the upper right when successfully uploaded letting you know how many records were updated, ignored, or created. If there were any rejections a detailed email will also follow.
Keyword Search: Import budgets, Managers Access, import budget numbers, Excel import, edit budget in Excel, offline edit of budgets