A Shared Account is an account that multiple salespeople can access and work with. This can be a great way for someone to cover account management duties when short term issues arise such as vacations, sick leave, etc. Account Sharing enables mentoring/shadowing new salespeople in your organization. It can also be a good long term solution to accommodate for job sharing.
You, as a manager, grant shared access to accounts. Salespeople cannot perform this task themselves. When you need to share accounts, you can share just one, or quickly share multiple accounts at once. Also, for your convenience, you can set an expiration date on the shared access. This would be a great way to manage shared access that is only intended to be temporary.
For example, if a salesperson needed account coverage during vacation. Setting the expiration date up front will alleviate you from having to remember to remove the shared access later, since it is done automatically for you by the system.
The process of Sharing Accounts is done from the My Account List or Master Account List. To view a list of your accounts, from the Menu/Search Bar, move your mouse over the Lists menu and select Accounts. To make sure that you are accessing all possible accounts for your location, click on the Master List button
1. Move your mouse over the account that you wish to work with, click the gear icon and select Share Account from the menu.2. In the Search field, begin typing the Salesperson’s last name.3. From the list of choices that appears, select their name from the list.4. Optionally, set an Expiration Date by checking the Expires On checkbox, and selecting a date from the popup calendar.5. Repeat steps 2, 3 (and optionally) 4 to add additional Salespeople to the account.6. Click the Save button.
1. Check the boxes preceding each account that you wish to share.2. From the Mass Actions menu, select Share Accounts.3. In the Search field, begin typing the salesperson’s last name.4. From the list of choices that appears, select their name from the list.5. Optionally, set an expiration date by checking the Expires On checkbox, and selecting a date from the popup calendar.6. Repeat steps 3, 4 (and optionally) 5 to add additional salespeople to the account.7. Click the Save button.
Removing Shared Access
You can use two methods to remove/update shared access, depending on your situation.
Removing shared access for one account, one salesperson
If more than one salesperson is sharing an Account, but you only want to remove one salesperson from the Account, you will need to use this method.
1. Move your mouse over the account that you wish to work with, click the gear icon (on the right side of the account), and select Edit Shared Account from the menu. The Share this Account dialog box displays.
2. In the list of salespeople sharing the account, click the "x" preceding the person that you wish to remove from the account.
3. Click the Save button.
Removing shared access for one (or more) account(s) for all salespeople
When you need to completely remove all shared access from one or multiple accounts you should use this method.
1. Click the checkbox(es) preceding the Account(s) that you wish to work with.
2. From the Mass Actions menu, select Remove Shared Access. A confirmation message appears.
3. Click the Remove button.
Keyword Search: account profile, shared account, share accounts with reps, removed shared access, how to share accounts, share among sales reps,