You can import contacts from a data file into Matrix. In order for the data to be successfully imported, the file containing the contact’s information must be in .CSV or compatible format and must contain column headers.
- Click HERE to view how to export contacts from Gmail.
Prior to importing: Please remove unwanted contacts from the file, so that the file only contains the contacts that you wish to import.
When you import contacts in to Matrix, the following fields will be included in the imported contact’s profile:- First Name
- Last Name
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Business Phone
- Mobile Phone
- When you import contact information (name, address, phone number, etc.), the associated account’s profile will not populate with this information.
1. Display the Contacts List.
2. Click the Import Contacts button - the Import Contacts screen appears.
3. Click the Browse button.
4. Locate and Select the file that you want to import.
5. Choose one of the following options, as appropriate:
- Update Existing - Uses the import data to update existing contact records only if a field is blank in Matrix. Existing information will not be overwritten. If a matching contact cannot be found, a new contact will be created.
- Overwrite Existing - Uses the import data to update every field in matching contacts, regardless if the field previously had information in it. Use this option with caution.
- Create New - Creates new contact records from the import data and ignores any changes to contacts already existing in Matrix.
6. Click the Next button - the Import Contacts screen appears.
- The contact field names (as they appear in Matrix) display on the left, and the imported field names (from the data file’s column headers) display in drop lists on the right.
- Matrix will attempt to match the field names appropriately, but it is your responsibility to ensure that the fields accurately match. If necessary, use the drop lists on the right to match the fields appropriately.
7. Click the Next button. The Import Contact screen appears, summarizing the actions in Matrix.
8. Click the Finish button.
- If duplicate names exist within your import data file, only the first instance of the contact will be imported into Matrix.
- If you receive an “Unable to Load” email, please confirm if the Salesperson Name is Last Name, First Name e.g. Pan, Peter. Matrix uses the Name in the .CSV file to find an EXACT match in your Matrix database. If none is found, the contact record is NOT imported.