Add an Activity
1. From the Activities list or any of the previously mentioned Activity Pods, click the Add an Activity button.
2. Complete the Activity Type, Subject, Date, and Status fields, which are required (denoted by a red star).
Note: While the Email type can be used, it is best used for capturing emails from your email application in to an activity in Matrix. Also, the activity types available may vary, depending on the settings set by your organization. For example, beneath Call, you may see Cold Call and Collection. You can use these types to specifically classify your activity. Or, if you wish to just generally classify it, you can choose Call.
3. Complete the optional fields, as necessary. For example, you may want to add a contact. To add a contact, click in to the Contact field, and type at least two characters. Once a list of choices displays, select the contact that you wish to attach. You can add another contact to the same activity by repeating the previous steps. The first contact added, is the primary contact.
4. Click the Save or Save & Add Another button.
Note: The Save button saves the activity and closes the dialog box. Whereas, the Save & Add Another button saves the activity, and immediately displays a blank Add an Activity dialog box. Use this option as a convenient way to add a follow-up activity.
Change the Sort Order
By default, activities are sorted by Due Date. If necessary, you can re-sort the data by clicking a column header from one of the other columns.
Note: Selecting a sorted column multiple times alternates the data between ascending and descending order. The columns in the What’s Next? pod are sorted by Due Date and cannot be re-sorted.
View Completed Activities
By default, the list of activities will display Incomplete activities. Click the Complete button to view a list of completed activities.
Note: The What’s Next? pod does not have a Complete button.
Edit/Delete/View/Download an Activity
· Edit/View - Click the subject of the activity that you wish to edit
· Delete - Click the (X) icon at the end of the activity that you wish to delete
· View Email - Click the email icon within the subject of the activity that you wish to view an email for (This option is only available if the activity is an email.)
· While editing an Activity, click the checkbox for Download iCal in order to save the Activity to your Outlook, Google, or Mac Calendar
Note: To complete the activity, click the checkmark icon at the end of an incomplete activity row or edit the Activity and change the Status to Complete.